Saturday, November 28, 2009

On One Month of Blogging....

tomorrow marks one month since i jumped off the fence of indecision and starting blogging and i wanted to share a few impressions....


one of my initial hesitations was that i wouldn't have enough to say. so far that hasn't been an issue. in fact i usually have more to say that what i write - i just feel i need to keep it kind of short or the readers will move on.

another objection was that i would feel pressured to write something and that i would end up spending a lot more time on the computer. hmmmm....i don't feel pressured, in fact i really enjoy it.  it is true about time on the computer, though, but so far, i would say that it's worth it.

my third objection was that i might not want to share really personal stuff. well, i do still have my journal and, believe me, there are things i write in there that i wouldn't want to share with the world. so it's a matter of choosing (as many of you told me) and it's all up to me.

i tend to write as if i know who my audience is, but we never really know do we? just because someone doesn't comment doesn't mean they don't read and who knows who could be out there surfing around??   i like and dislike that element of mystery at the same time.

i love that it's a way to share my photos and express impressions and feelings. only a tiny percentage of my images ever make it to a frame, so i love that it gives me a chance to get them out of the digital archives. i also have a lot of poetry hiding down in those depths which i will very slowly dig out.

it's been such a fabulous way to not only keep in touch but to be part of a super positive and supportive community.  i miss the other friends that are not doing blogs, however. i never did get involved with facebook. am a missing a lot??

the artistic inspiration is so awesome (ok, i know that would be there even if i didn't have my own blog, but not quite the same...) every little thing that you guys put out there has the potential to inspire!

this got way longer than i intended - i hope i didn't lose too many of you! i promise the next one will be shorter. thanks for sticking with me. i love you all and appreciate every little thing that you share on your own blogs and on mine.... SERIOUSLY!!!

in closing, here is an image i was working on today - a palapa at the salton sea. which version do you like - the realistic one or the altered "painterly" one?


Palapa 1



Palapa 2

5 comments:

  1. great post Patty! can't wait to read and see what's to come!

    p.s. both images are equally beautiful but me personally likes the realistic one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with judy. super post and both images are beautiful in their own right. though i have to say i dont have a favorite. miss you and am so proud of your fence jumping off of. good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. write what you want to write - short or not. if your readers love you, they will love whatever you write. :)

    i loved hearing about your thoughts on the first month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your photos and hearing what you have to say. I hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your thoughts on blogs! been weighing the pros and cons myself!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!