Monday, April 12, 2010

Truth, Beauty and Wisdom


"if we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly,
our whole life would change"     buddha

before i say another thing, i have to shout a huge THANK YOU to those who stopped by and offered me such lovely thoughts of support and encouragement after my last post. It really means more than you could ever know - i am so lucky to have all of you in my life!!!


as i’m sure i’ve mentioned before, i need a lot of reminders (is it just me??) yes, sometimes i even forget my own words. as i’ve stated right here in my profile, i’m on a constant search for truth, beauty and wisdom. the reality is that truth can be brutal. sometimes beauty seems very far away. and wisdom? it seems that most often that comes from dealing with the hard, icky, nasty, down-and-dirty stuff of life. so there you have it. it’s not always pretty and it’s not always fun.

i’ve been wondering lately where joy fits into this equation. because isn’t that what we really want? what good are truth, beauty and wisdom if there is no joy??  i think, for me, the reason that i chose those 3 words is because they do bring me joy. most of the time. it's not a perfect formula, but then, i'm not sure that there is such a thing.

there are good parts to having "down days" (or down weeks).  not only does it help us to appreciate the good ones, but it gives us empathy for others who may be in the same boat.  and we all feel better when we are not alone in our boats, right?  i know i do  - thanks for jumping in my boat and paddling along side of me!!   have a joy-ful monday!!!



"all that we are is the result of what we have thought. the mind is everything. what we think, we become" buddha

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Patty ... your photos just keep growing into more ... more beauty, more soul, more spirit, more of that intangible fullness and depth which comes from the heart not from the shutter. You do inspire me so very much. Keep on keeping on. You're going in the right direction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. There is joy in this photo. And I'm glad you're feeling it too.

    I am continually amazed that picking Joy as a word does not mean that life is always happy. It seems that the things that really bring us joy are not always happy or pleasant in the moment. Which is kind of a bummer, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!