Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May


i squeeze the handle of the sifter one more time

and the flour that was the month of may

drifts down into the bowl of my life

leaving its faint cloud of dust

lingering in the air.



as i wrap the memorial day flag

and stash it in its hiding place

until its next appointed showing

a thought tiptoes across my mind

a thought that asks

if i lived as fully as i could have

or if i settled for grape juice

when i could have had wine



the moment beckons me

to plunge beneath its depths

to move beyond a mere skimming of the surface

to sink….deeper…

into a reality where i have been a guest

but never a citizen

i release all that i know

simply let go

and for a brief instant

i feel the connection

8 comments:

  1. the image of the sifter...oh my goodness i love that.
    beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see this! It is a beautiful image. I want to sink into my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow patty....these words are so beautiful!!

    TALENT OOZING OUT OF YOU!!!

    i love your words.

    xoxo
    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty, just popping over from flying lessons to say hello - so nice to meet you! Your photography is gorgeous, I love your space here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if we are in the same sifter? Thanks, Patty. Am so feeling the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Patty, beautiful words and images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. So beautifully put!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow patty...this blew me away. What incredible words. I am going to have write them down so that I can really soak them in. I love them. Stunning.

    I love you dear as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!