Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's all about YOU!!

 

 “your creativity is all about YOU”.  this is a concept i have been trying to stress in my creativity unleashed workshops.  in the words of dr. suess, “there is no one alive who is YOU-er than YOU.”



A little reminder card I gave to my students

maybe that seems a tad obvious, but the truth is, as creatives, we so often look at what everyone else is doing and creating and accomplishing, then hold it up as a comparison and find ourselves falling short.  or less than.  or not enough.

With my pals at Belmont Park last week
i need reminding of this all the time.  that what i need to create or write or express needs to come from within. from the bits and pieces of my very own life.  my experiences, my history, my relationships. my values.

Hard at work creating....
so we made a lot of lists in class.  lists that typify each individual and their very own unique qualities and life experiences.  because this is the fodder of creation.  these details are what will drive the creative engine and inform the creative dreams of me and you too!

Finished products

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh such a wonderful time you must have had, I would love to do something like this, sadly there isn't much of this here in our town, nothing organized like this, I love that saying as well, good for us all to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would also love to be creative amongst equals and have in mind your words that it must start with myself.

    I once participated in a water color class but it only gave me performance anxiety as I always thought that the others were so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the reminder. needed that at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!