Friday, May 24, 2013

"Intention" revisited



it’s my word of the year.  i had high hopes for this word, but i have to say, it’s been a little bit of a struggle figuring out how best to let it guide me. 


 i wrote out a bunch of intentions for the year in january…. thinking or hoping that they would somehow move me forward in new directions and prompt the universe to do its part in making good things happen.

but the list kind of sat there.  i would look at it from time to time and feel a bit stumped as to how to proceed…

 
so i started doing what i’m seeing is a pattern for me.  a pattern that works.  i turned the intention-setting into a practice.  i have done the same with other words of the year, but somehow it has taken me a while to get this one going.

most mornings i will think about my day and try to set a few intentions for that day.  then i also try to look at my long range intentions just to refresh my memory.  i think it builds up after a while and starts to make an impact on my day to day decsions.


the whole thing still feels a little vague.  but it’s only may, after all… i can feel some shifts occurring and will let you know if i have any bursts of insight to share!


in other news, i’m moving forward and launching another contemplative photography workshop for the summer. hope you have a wonderful weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, look at you. Honestly, Patty, I think you were born to live most of your life in nature, you look like part of it - a belonging. Beautiful photos. Launching your workshop must be part of your intentions - right? Sometimes I think we might set or 'over set', 'til the list may overwhelm. I think you are going just fine, thank you very much! Rock on. xo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - on setting that intention and moving forward!! Sounds like you're on the right path..:-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mid year review of the word of the year sounds like a good idea. I'll have to remember to do that too, soon i hope. Interesting how our word carry us through the year, isn't it? Oh, how wonderful you're birthing another project! Sounds like a wonderful place to go for some snappy happy! Yay! Patty! xx



    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, reviewing your word of the year almost midyear through is a good thing (I should do that, too). "Intention" is a difficult word in my eyes, and I love your honesty about it. It is interesting to see how you work with it and what you intend (!) to do now. To me, it looks like you're going in the right direction.
    I don't think I have to mention (but I do it nevertheless) that your photos in this post are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are moving in the right direction. For me nature is very important also the rain kept me from it for a few weekend but I did finally get out this past weekend. Walking gives me peace. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, it has been a while since I visited your blog; you continue to shoot incredible photos. Each one is unique and stunning. I really enjoy viewing them.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!